|The deadline for abstract submission is:
The deadline for abstract evaluation results is: 02/04/2024
Click and view more:
- I - Instructions for abstract submission
- II - Instructions for abstract submission
- III - Important information
- IV – Topics
- VI - Instructions for Approved Abstracts - Oral presentation
- VI - Instructions for Approved Abstracts - E-poster
- VII - Awards
- VIII - Publication
- IX - Certificates
I - Instructions for abstract submission
• Abstracts must be sent exclusively via the congress website.
1) Access the restricted area, providing your login and password registered during registration. New menus will appear.
2) Click on the [My Abstracts] menu.
3) Follow the instructions on the screen to access the abstract submission form. Complete all fields in the online form.
4) Before submitting the abstract, review it carefully. Any changes will be allowed only until the final deadline for submissions.
ATTENTION: The submitting author must fill out all fields in the online form. All communications regarding the submission will be sent only to this author via the registered email, and they will be responsible for forwarding them to the co-authors.
5) Choose the form of presentation:
6) When you finish submitting abstracts, click the "Disconnect" button.
7) After submitting the abstract, an automatic email will be sent to the corresponding author, confirming the registered information.
8) If you do not receive the automatic email on the same day confirming the submission, the abstract may not have been sent correctly. In this case, contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) informing the event and the problem that occurred.
9) For new accesses to the web, just inform USERNAME and PASSWORD. If you have forgotten it, use the "Remember Password".
II - Instructions for abstract submission
• The Title must be concise and reflect the study to be presented.
• The abstract text should not exceed 3000 characters (does not include title and authorship/affiliation) with spaces, a limit of 250 characters for the title.
- Abstracts should be structured in a single body, and it is suggested that the author follow the sequence:
• Case reports should be structured in: Case Presentation, Discussion and Final Comments. Bibliographical references should not be included. Considering that case reports make an important contribution to the exchange of experience among professionals, the Commission recommends that only reports of common cases with atypical evolution or of really rare cases, which are of significant relevance, be submitted.
• The Institution or Institutions where the abstracts was carried out, as well as the authors' names, must NOT be mentioned in the body of the text.
• The content of the abstract must be related to the chosen topic.
• It is strongly recommended that figures should not be included. If figures are necessary, they should be of high quality, and lettering/symbols/lines should be clear and distinct as they will be reduced to one column width for publication. By default, they will be printed in black and white. You can upload one file in PDF format.
• Up to 3 keywords should be provided.
• If references are essential, they should be within the text, in the form: (Murphy et al. BJU Int 2005; 95 27-30). Sugere-se que os autores se abstenham do uso de abreviaturas.
• Be careful not to use I (uppercase i) or l (lowercase L) for 1 (one), O (uppercase o) for 0 (zero), or ß (German eszett) for b (beta).
• Results based on statements such as “results will be presented” and or “data will be analyzed” will not be considered. These should be set out as clearly as possible and conclusions should be based on the data presented. In this case, the authors must present preliminary results, or if it is an ongoing study, for example. Likewise, abstracts whose results, from the same work, are sprayed in different abstracts will not be accepted.
• Case reports lacking clear originality and relevance justifying their presentation will not be accepted. Works that consist solely of a literature review will also be rejected.
• The inclusion of commercial names/trademarks is not allowed in the abstract. Mentioning agents/molecules should adhere to the scientific standard for publications.
• Conflict of Interest: ICO intends to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content free from commercial influence or bias. Therefore, the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during the abstract submission.
• The use of People-First Language is mandatory for the abstract to be accepted. Abstracts that do not use People-First Language will be rejected.
III - Important information
• The abstract must be submitted only in English. And it is essential that it is grammatically correct, otherwise it may be a reason for rejection of the abstract.
• The slides and the presentation must be done all in english. Other languages won’t be accepted.
• Only abstracts containing original data that have not been published or accepted for publication in print or online journals may be submitted. Additionally, the abstracts should present new data, information about study protocols or analyses, or data/information not previously presented at a major obesity congress. Authors must ensure that no abstract contains the same text as a previously published abstract.
• To receive your presenter certificate after the event, one of the listed authors must be registered and have participated in the event.
IMPORTANT: The presenter must also be included in the list of authors.
• The person responsible for submitting the work, upon obtaining its approval, needs to confirm the payment of their registration fee by 15/04/2024. The presentation should be made by the author specified at the time of submitting the work. If not possible, another author of the work should perform the presentation, provided they are registered for the event and have paid the registration fee. The modification should be communicated to the Scientific Committee up to seven days before the event. Please contact us via Contact Us, informing the need for the change. Abstracts of presenters without a valid registration by that time will have their abstracts removed from the program and the abstract book publication.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement reflecting the reasons for this decision must be sent to the email@example.com not later than 15 April 2024.
• Only one certificate will be issued per presented abstract, and the certificates will be printed based on the registered order of authors.
• Attention: all materials produced about the abstracts (annals, certificate, among others) will be a faithful reproduction of the information submitted by the author. Therefore, it is not possible to make changes to the spelling of the title, abstract or authors after the deadline for submission. We emphasize that the information provided is the sole responsibility of the author who submits the abstract. Incompletely spelled names (by abbreviation or omission of one or more surnames) will not be changed and will appear in the official program and digital certificate as informed by the main author at the time of registration.
• The discounted values will respect the dates of the 'Registration Fees' table available on the event's website, regardless of the date of approval of the works. To guarantee payment with a discount, it is necessary to register by the dates described in the table. There will be no reimbursement of registration fees paid in cases of withdrawal or absence from the Congress or if the abstract is not accepted.
• The main author will be able to choose the preferred way of presenting the abstract. However, the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change this choice.
• The final decision of the evaluation committee is considered final, irrevocable, and unappealable, which will not be reviewed. Submissions that are not accepted for oral presentations may be selected for poster presentations. If that is the case, the authors will be informed of this decision.
• By submitting papers, authors assume compliance with legislation and ethical standards governing research with human beings and animals, including approval by the Research Ethics and Clinical Ethics Committees in Animal Research.
• The Scientific Committee reserves the right to refuse abstracts, without providing further information on the rationale for rejection.
• Submission of the abstract represents a commitment by the author(s) to present the work, if accepted, during the event.
• The Organizing Committee and the Scientific Committee of the Congress will not be responsible for the content of the physical or digital posters, this being the sole responsibility of the authors, as well as they will not be responsible for the costs of transportation, accommodation or any other related to the presentation of the works.
• If the abstract is selected for an oral presentation, the presenting author, on behalf of all authors, may need to sign an agreement granting ICO the right to record the entire presentation (audio and slides) and subsequently use it for educational purposes (with or without cost).
• Only those Presentations formally accepted will be published in the Conference Proceedings as submitted. Please ensure you check your data carefully before submitting as changes or additions will not be accepted.
• Conflict of interest: It is the intent of ICO to provide high quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during the abstract submission.
IV – Topics» Basic
» Public Health
VI - Instructions for Approved Abstracts - Oral presentation
VI - Instructions for Approved Abstracts - E-poster
VII - Awards
More information on how to nominate and apply for the awards will be announced soon.
VIII - Publication
Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement of Obesity Reviews, in digital format, and will be available on the ICO Congress website.
IX - Certificates
After the congress, the certificates of the abstracts approved for presentation will be made available to the author responsible for the submission on the congress website (conditional on his/her attendance at the event). To print or download the PDF file, you must access the "Certificates" menu, located on the congress homepage, enter the registered email, and fill in the "Satisfaction Survey."
- Important notice: the certificates will not be sent directly by email.
- A certificate will be issued with the title of the abstract, in the approved modality, and the name of all authors registered at the time of submission.
- The second certificate will be issued with the title of the abstract, the approved modality, and the name of the presenter.
- At least one of the authors must be registered and have attended the event to receive the certificate later.
Abstracts that do not follow these guidelines will be rejected. If you do not agree with any of these rules, you should not submit an abstract. The final decision on the acceptance of an abstract will be made by the Program Organizing Committee.